“AFIP uses the TOTVS Protheus line since 2002, but as the system was deployed in separate parts, we had some difficulties. Among them, there were lack of integration of the modules, many customizations, errors in the main registrations, among others. By this scenario, we did a survey whose diagnosis was to redeploy the entire system. Out purpose was to integrate the processes, obtain a trustworthy tool and committed people. It was a great challenge to achieve this purpose, but in the end, we were able to redeploy the system with 90% of the default ERP. We only had 10% of gaps. One point worth mentioning is that we strongly count on the support from your entire team, especially the president and the directors of AFIP. This support was essential for our work to be well succeeded!”
Milton Vicente Vieira Junior, AFIP System Manager.
AFIP (Fund Association of Incentive to Research)
Number of professionals
São Paulo, State of São Paulo - Brazil
Health – Clinic Laboratories
AFIP (Fund Association of Incentive to Research) is a nonprofit private entity, funded in the 70's by professionals of the health area, university professors and researchers. The association aims at providing financial support for teaching activities, scientific research and medical service to the community, with emphasis on health public service. Their vision is to be a philanthropic institution that acts with excellence in their clinical diagnostics center, research and services of social relevance supplementary to the State in national, nationwide.
- The modules were not integrated
- Many customizations
- Problems with the registrations
- Lack of consistency of information
- Structuring of processes: old processes were reviewed and new processes and procedures were established
- Redeployment of the system with less customizations and new functionalities
- Preparation of users: roles and responsibilities were defined for the entire ERP Project team
- The key users were trained
- More reliability of information
- Improvement in costumer services.
TOTVS Products and Services to this Customer
- Inventory and Costs
- Hospital Management
- Fixed Assets
- Import Financing
- Personnel Management
- Electronic Attendance Control
- Recruitment and Selection
- Positions and Salaries
- Occupational Safety and Health
- Private Care
- Candidate Portal
- HR Portal
TOTVS was chosen again by AFIP to redeploy the Protheus system by presenting flexibilities and better practices in project management (techniques and technologies), besides its TOTVS Deployment Methodology (MIT).