“We purchased an ERP from another company which, throughout time, was not effective enough to meet our needs. For example, the Transportation Management system was not proper, the financial and operating controls were made in parallel, via Excel, and due to this reason, we had to hire an external accounting since the system would not do its job and that would delay our information. We benchmarked other carriers to map which system best met the transportation and logistics market in Brazil. TOTVS products were one of the most well prepared. Besides the good references, TOTVS also passed us confidence, know-how and presented an excellent cost-efficiency. Due to these reasons, we convinced our head office that this would be a good investment and chose this software developing company to be our ERP supplier. In July, 2010, we closed the contract with the purpose to replace the old system completely (that would not answer to the controls required by the directors) by another that would automate the logistics processes, BackOffice and meet the new legal obligations (Accounting SPED, Tax SPED and NF-e) therefore supporting the growing demand of FL Logística. The system deployment took place in the units of Belo Horizonte and São Paulo and was divided in two stages, due to the urgency in putting the TMS, Tax, Accounting and Finances modules into production. The total time of this deployment was eight months (from November 2010 to August 2011), which is considered good according to the complexity of the project”.
Erick Alves Dias, Finances and Administration coordinator.
Number of Professionals
Contagem, State of Minas Gerais - Brazil
Distribution and Logistics
About FL Logística
FL Logística is a Mexican enterprise that arrived in Brazil in 2006 as a logistics consulting company. Due to their know-how in transportations, also consolidated in other countries in Latin American, such as Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Colombia and Panama, in 2008, the company began their services in Brazil. Since then, FL has expanded their services throughout the country (the company grew 70% in 2011 alone) and today, they are present in the States of Minas Gerais, Rio de Janeiro, Mato Grosso do Sul and São Paulo. For 2012, they are expected to grow 80%. The only logistics company specialized in the Brazilian market of beverages, their fleet of trucks have a specific design to best serve this sector. Among the services offered are: primary transportation (delivery in the distribution center), secondary transportation (delivery directly to the customer), storage and consulting services in distribution.
- To convince the senior management to abandon the investment in ERP previously purchased and approved by the IT management in Mexico.
- To demonstrate and convince that the TMS devolved for the IT FEMSA Mexico field was not proper to FL Logística to use in Brazil.
- To demonstrate that TOTVS is an ERP supplier able to meet the needs of FL Logística in the categories time, cost and technical support
- Need for more quality and reliability of information
- Need of integration of areas
- With the deployment of an ERP and, consequently, integration of the FL Logísticas field, it was not necessary to continue with the services of an external accounting, giving the opportunity for deployment of internal accounting.
- In July 2010, the contract was closed with the purpose to automate the logistics processes and BackOffice, meeting the new legal obligations (Accounting SPED, Tax SPED and Electronic Tax Invoice), besides replacing the current system that did not answer to the controls required by the directors nor did it support the demand of the company's growth.
TOTVS Products and Services to this Customer
- Tax Records
- NF-e (Electronic Tax Invoice)
- Tax SPED
- Accounting SPED
- Fixed Assets
- Fixed Assets Maintenance
- TMS (Transport Management)
The reasons that took FL Logística to choose TOTVS were: being the biggest ERP developing company in Brazil and Latin America; being a specialist and leader in software for logistics in Brazil; having certificates; enabling the deployment of customized project; guaranteeing the deployment by specialized professionals; offering dedicated support; providing ease of configuration and parameterization; being aligned and prepared for requirements and Brazilian tax changes and offer trust to the customer